For the 2018 season, trips will be available from 17th May to 14th August.
our boat trips, Laurence your skipper will discuss any special interests
before the trip commences and, as far as possible, customise the trip
to suit you. Our usual tour takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but again this can be
varied on request.
On one of our trips you can:
- Follow the course of U47 and visit the war grave / wreck site of the HMS Royal Oak.
- Get a closer look at the Churchill barriers and blockships.
- View Orkney's scenery from a different perspective.
- Look for seals and other marine wildlife.
- Watch a wide variety of seabirds: in the air, on the sea and nesting on the cliffs.
- Get a closer look at the enormous oil tankers and platforms that regularly anchor in Scapa Flow.
- Or simply, enjoy a few hours on the sea - a great antidote to the stresses of modern life!
Information on the history and wildlife of Scapa Flow is given at various points.
Binoculars are available on board, and if you want to stop to get a closer look or take photographs, just ask!
marked 100 years since the loss of HMS Vanguard in Scapa Flow. A visit to
the war grave / wreck site can be included if arranged in advance.
We carry up to six passengers.
are available at all times of the day, but there are certain times we
cannot access the pier due to low tide. Please call us to confirm what
times we will operate on your chosen day.
Prices for 2017 season (for our standard 2 1/2 - 3 hour trip):
Total trip price for 1 Person - £120
2 Persons - £120
3 Persons - £140
4 Persons - £160
5 Persons - £180
6 Persons - £200
Prices are for an exclusive hire of the boat.
Discounts may be available on trips shared with other groups. Please
contact us for prices for longer or shorter trips. Payment can be made
by cash or cheque at the time of travel (sorry no card facility).
Occasionally it is necessary to cancel trips. Your safety is our number one concern and if we find weather conditions on the day are
unsuitable we will cancel the sailing. If the weather is unsettled, we
would recommend you call us to confirm final details and weather
conditions close to, or on the day of your trip.
If we have to cancel your trip for any reason we will make every effort to accommodate you on another trip.
Read reviews of our trips on Tripadvisor: